International Co-Op Internship

International Co-op Internship is suitable for students enrolled at a post-secondary educational institution who are offered work placement or internship in Canada.

You will need to show that the Canadian work placement or internship is required to complete your studies, and the work placement or internship should be directly linked to the field of studies you undertake.

In the International Co-op category you would get an employer-specific work permit, enabling you to gain valuable work experience in Canada related to your field of study. During your stay in Canada you will work for one and the same employer in the same location.

In Canada, labour laws and employment standards apply to all foreign nationals. The terms of your employment and the wages you are paid must follow the labour code and applicable employment laws of the province or territory where you will be working.